We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor

Hello :)

Heading to Hawaii in a couple of weeks, and have booked our tickets to the USS Arizona Memorial, and was wondering about getting there from Waikiki.

I know about The Bus, but was wondering about where to get it from / where to get off.

We are staying at Aqua Palms on Ala Moana Blvd, there are plenty of bus stops around there, I cannot remember if the buses that went past there went to Pearl Harbor though..

When we do find one that goes there, I was not sure where we got off - do the buses actually stop there? Or just near there and you need to walk to the visitor centre?

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,155 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor

Catch the #42 at one of the stops on Kuhio and they drive you right into the Pearl Harbor drive.

Coming back, you walk out of the Pearl Harbor visitor center, up the hill and to the left on the street about 50 yards to the bus stop. Catch the #42 back to Waikiki and watch for your stop.

Easy, convenient and cheap.

Look at the attached website for more information about TheBus on Oahu.

http://thebus.org/

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,454 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor

Make sure you are on the side of the street in the direction you want to travel. On Kuhio,that would be the mauka (mountain side) of the street!!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,820 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor

#20 and #42 will go right past Aqua Palms on Ala Moana Blvd.

Bus stop #879 right outside the hotel.

thebus.org/pop/Visitor_WaikikiGuide.pdf

Palms is #6 on this map.

discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor

Can I ask, do I get the same number bus back? I would just go over to the other side of the road, yes? (when i want to come back)

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor

You get the same bus number on the return. As stated,just go up the hill and turn left to the bus stop. No need to cross the highway.

You can also take a #20, but it will take a little longer, because it is not an express bus.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,454 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor

TheBus will take you right into the visitors center when you arrive but when leaving you do have to go up to the highway to catch it. You won't have to cross the street. It's a short walk, same numbers. Make sure you have the 2.50 per person, each way in cash as they don't make change.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
23,742 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor

Aloha,

The Google function on the bus's site can give you detailed directions and a map. Hit "reverse directions" for the return route.

Aloha

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
23,742 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor

These are examples of the routings in each direction:

google.com/maps/dir/Aqua+Palms+Waikiki+Hotel,+1850+Ala+Moana+Blvd,+Honolulu,+HI+96815/World+War+II+Valor+in+the+Pacific+National+Monument,+1+Arizona+Memorial+Pl,+Honolulu,+HI+96818/@21.3515489,-157.8853532,11z/am=t/data=!3m1!4b1!4m17!4m16!1m5!1m1!

google.com/maps/dir/World+War+II+Valor+in+the+Pacific+National+Monument,+1+Arizona+Memorial+Pl,+Honolulu,+HI+96818/Aqua+Palms+Waikiki+Hotel,+1850+Ala+Moana+Blvd,+Honolulu,+HI+96815/@21.3515318,-157.8853083,11z/am=t/data=!3m1!4b1!4m19!4m18!1m5!1m1!1s0x7c006f4309506633:0xb8c592a70d9c602c!2m2!1d-157.93824!2d21.367244!1m5!1m1!1s0x7c006df45c38a94d:0x8bb6a1b1b5bdd5b2!2m2!1d-157.83

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
23,742 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor

Aloha,

Try these:

The departure: tinyurl.com/oxuuejl

The return: tinyurl.com/mqoa7vz