Well folks, the title says it all. Hubby and I will be in Oahu 9/20-9/25 for the first time and I would really like your constructive input on our itinerary. We are in our early 30s and love good food, nature, music and shopping, as well as just lounging on the beach. Here goes:
9/20- *Fly in and arrive at the hotel
*Aloha Festival activities- Will there be a lot to do that night? Parades, food vendors, etc. or should we make other plans (?)
9/21- *Brunch at Orchids
*(Not sure what to do in Waikiki this day. Need suggestions. We won't have a car until Monday.)
9/22- *Hanuama Bay snorkeling
* Stop by Ono Hawaiian and Leonard's for lunch
* (Need suggestions for 2-3 hours in Waikiki before we pick up the car. Could we rely on The Bus and go to Kailua/ Lanikai Beach?)
9/23- *North Shore Day- We plan on doing the Tantalus Drive and dropping by Byodo-In Temple before heading up North. We want to do a shoreline drive from kualoa beach park to hale'iwa where we'll have lunch and shave ice. We may kayak in kahana bay and do some shopping.
* No plans for the evening, but if we feel up to it are there any clubs/lounges for early 30's into pop/hip hop ?
9/24- * Aloha Swap Meet
* Day in Kailua. Lanikai Beach and Makapuu Lighthouse
* Chief's Luau. Are there any discounts for this show in local booklets? I've searched online and can't find anything.
9/25- Late flight out so we are going to
*Drive the Kahala neighborhood. See Diamond Head.
*Grab dinner at Nico's Pier 38 or La Mariana. (Please weigh in on which is better.)
That's all I have so far. I am looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks.