We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waikiki

Gold Coast...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
waikiki

Myself and my wife and 2 year old son are heading there in 2 weeks and are just looking for ideas to suit my family.... We love to get up early and get out... Is there any ideas on where to go and what to do, so we don't waste anytime while there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
391 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: waikiki

Addz..welcome. :-) If you look to the right of the page there are tonnes of pinned posts and information about Oahu. There is so much to see and do but one thing I would recommend is to rent a car and go beyond Waikiki if that is where you are staying.

Gold Coast...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: waikiki

Thanks for the reply.... We were looking at renting a car and going to the other side of the island. I will take a look. Is there anything that I should do in Waikiki !!!!!!

Australia
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: waikiki

Do everything and anything and have a great time.

Beware, Hawaii is addictive.

Virginia
Level Contributor
682 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: waikiki

Follow Traceyleigh's advice and read the links on the side. You really have to get an idea of what's available to you to then decide what you want to do. I also recommend a good guidebook, such as Oahu Revealed or Driving and Discovering Oahu. These will give you tons of information and ideas to narrow down your choices.

Waikiki itself is often about spending time on the beach, walking around, going to restaurants and shops, whatever you enjoy once you get there.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
697 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: waikiki

Make lots of plans...and then be flexible as a reed, as your days will be dictated by the 2yo :)

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: waikiki

Do you have a good travel guide or two for Oahu? Do you have a good map of Oahu? You will need both.

Reserve your car NOW. Sorry, but you are traveling during HIGH tourist season and (probably) over an American National holiday on September 1st.

Start an itinerary ... even a rough one. We can help you.

Also, please tell us where you are staying and for how many nights.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: waikiki

You can swim, snorkel, canoe ride, catamaran ride, boogie board, stand up paddle, surf, sun bathe, visit to aquarium or zoo, people watch, shop, eat all in Waikiki. Just to name a few!!

8. Re: waikiki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 06:17