We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal travel

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Costa Mesa...
1 post
Save Topic
Terminal travel

Flying in on AA. Arrive into Honolulu at 7:30. Depart at 8:06 on Hawaiin. 1/2 hr only. No luggage just carry on. Will we make it?

Northern California...
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terminal travel

Maybe. Who gave you such a ridiculous connection time? If the airlines changed it on you, you can request a different flight for no extra fee.

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,058 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terminal travel

I would not risk it. You might but by they time they taxi in and you can get off the plane, you could easily miss it. And if you are not on one ticket, they will likely just consider you a no show and you might have to pay for another flight.

Did you book all of this through AA, or did you book with each airline? I would guess that you booked with each airline separately because it is not a "legal" connection and I don't think AA would book you on these together.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terminal travel

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Pam!

Answer is "no." Even if you landed on time ... you would have to deplane (which can take forever), go to the correct terminal, pass through the secondary security scan (that they use for purses and other carry on) ... and get on the plane. Hawaiian Airlines starts their boarding about 30 minutes before take off. And they can and will give your seat away if they have others on stand-by.

As KauiNKO says above, that is a "ridiculous connection time."

Please try to change it. If you have to hang at HNL for a while, that's no awful thing. Better than sending your blood pressure through the roof. (And don't forget to contact your car rental company and change your pick-up time.)

Lagrangeville, NY
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terminal travel

I can't imagine that it is a legal connection.

HNL is not a big airport like LAX, but the gates AA usually gets into are about half mile from the interisland terminal where Hawaiian flies out of, so you will be wheeling your carry on for your connection. Can it be done? Sure, your flight could get in ahead of schedule and you are one of the first ones to get off the flight. It is no way to start a relaxing Hawaiian vacation though.

5. Re: Terminal travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 06:17