We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing Lessons / Rental

Florida
10 posts
Save Topic
Surfing Lessons / Rental

Is there any surf in mid September for novices to learn how to surf and catch a few waves? Either Waikiki area or North Shore...more for a first timer just to say they did it?

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,087 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing Lessons / Rental

Waikiki will have waves in September. Lots of places on Waikiki Beach rent boards and get lessons.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 19:26
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing Lessons / Rental

Surf where surfing was born, Waikiki!! Check out Aloha Beach Services for lessons.

Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing Lessons / Rental

Thank you!

Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfing Lessons / Rental

Thank you, do you have any that you recommend? I assume the month of September is ok for surf.

Toronto
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Surfing Lessons / Rental

My kids had the greatest time taking lesson with "uncle Bryan" Google them! In the birth shore, 2 people for a two hour lesson for $160. My kids got to ride many waves as the instructor pushes you out and helping you riding it! They has Greg, who was fantastic! This is in the North Shore.

6. Re: Surfing Lessons / Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 07:16