We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Check In - Honolulu Hotel

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Whistler, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Early Check In - Honolulu Hotel

Hi

I am flying into Honolulu from Australia at 7.45am.

I am only staying one night then flying out early the next morning to Vancouver.

Do you know of a hotel that I can check into as early as possible (9am) so I can sleep and refresh.

Can be close to airport or far away. Just needs air con and internet so I can work.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Check In - Honolulu Hotel

Welcome to Tripadvisor!

Is your budget a consideration? Because it looks to me that you will need to pay for 2 nights, even though you'll only be using one actual night.

What are you looking at budget-wise?

Whistler, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Check In - Honolulu Hotel

Not really keen to pay for two nights if possible. Would prefer paying one night.

Would pay $150 - $300 depending on what the value is.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Check In - Honolulu Hotel

Let's see what others say, but I bet that is your only option.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
35,329 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Check In - Honolulu Hotel

I agree with BLBL, that you are most likely looking at two nights. Even with HHonors Diamond VIP status, the earliest check-in that we have been able to get at a Hilton property has been Noon, and even then, the room was not ready. Same for late check-out in Hawai`i - paying for a "courtesy room" to shower and change for a late night flight out of HNL was the only recourse.

We used to fly into LHR on the early-arriving flight from SFO, and found that booking the night before was the only answer, even at Hilton properties.

Now, if you can tell people what your would like for that one night, they might have ideas for getting you two nights within your total budget.

Good luck,

Hunt

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,412 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Check In - Honolulu Hotel

Aloha,

Some hotels charge a fee to check in early, but 9:00 may be too early for that. Call some of the lower-cost hotels and inquire.

Another possibility is using the hospitality room to shower before your afternoon check-in and then resting on a lounger or at the beach. Inquire as to whether the hotels you are considering have a hospitality room.

Welcome to TA and the Hawaii Forums.

Aloha

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,412 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early Check In - Honolulu Hotel

Since typical check-in isn't until 3pm, asking about 9am is a good chunk of the day. You can try contacting individual hotels, but I doubt any are going to be willing to basically "comp" the room for 6 hours for free.

suze

Queensland
Level Contributor
162 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early Check In - Honolulu Hotel

I have the same issue flying in from Australia, I've just booked the night before too.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,412 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early Check In - Honolulu Hotel

I know you said you didn't really want to pay for 2 nights, but since your budget goes up to $300... you could rent a ~$125-150/night place like The Breakers or White Sands Hotel for 2 nights and still come in under $300.

suze

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Early Check In - Honolulu Hotel

I have found Hawaii is not a very good place to get early check in. Do it all the time in Vegas, never seems to work in Hawaii. Figure on 3

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,412 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Early Check In - Honolulu Hotel

Aloha,

I've never figured that out, longboard. Why make everyone wait till 2 or 3 or even 4 (yikes), when that just causes massive lines at the check-in counters?