My daughter, 11, and I have booked a cruise on the Pride of Hawaii in January. Having also booked a 4 night hotel stay in Waikiki, my budget has started spiralling out of control.
The boat stops at the following places:
Port Allen (Nawiliwili), Kauai, Hawaii
We would deifinitely like to do a few onshore excursions while on the cruise, but I need to be cautious from a budget point of view. But still, this is a once in a life time trip for us (all the way from Sydney, Australia), so I want to make it the best I can and as much as we can.
I have these questions:
1. Is it better to book the excursions through NCL before hand?
2. Can we see some of the attractions on the different islands ourselves at a cheaper price?
3. Which excursions would you recommend?
4. Were there any that you would advise us against?
5. I believe there are different Volcanos to visit on the different Islands. We want to do one volcano visit. Which would be the best and on which island?
6. Any other tips?