We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Cincinnati

St. Louis, Missouri
3 posts
Save Topic
What to do in Cincinnati

I am going to be in Cincinnati for my 21st birthday in the beginning of November. I am staying downtown at the Hyatt and was wondering what to do there. My birthday is on a friday and after my meetings (about 10 p.m.) I want to celebrate. Any suggestions?

Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
534 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Cincinnati

Happy Birthday, in advance. I am by no means an expert on the area. We were there last week for a convention. We stayed at the Hilton Netherland Plaza. The Hilton is attached to the Hyatt by a skywalk. Some of the things we found in walking distance...

The Havana Martini Bar, which is attached to the Hilton and there is an enterance from the mall. There was a DJ also and lots of people dancing. We walked to a Italian restaurant, about 4-5 blocks from the Hilton/Hyatt. Excellent food, service and drinks. Great place to celebrate and then move on to something a bit faster paced. We also walked by a place called Cadillac Ranch (Cadillac something, I think it was ranch). It was really hopping and I guess they have a mechanical bull. There is fountain square and the riverfront to explore too. I'm a lot older than you so I hope others respond with additional ideas.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
758 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Cincinnati

Downtown's improving, but it's still a bit sleepy at night. For a 21st birthday celebration, I'd take a cab up to Mt. Adams (it's right next to downtown, but way up), where there's a pretty active bar scene among 20-somethings.

St. Louis, Missouri
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Cincinnati

Thank you both! Mt. Adam's is the name of the place I was looking for. Someone had told me about it before. I plan to spend every night out doing something! I am going to be there Nov 8 9 10 and 11... The 9th is my birthday! The cool thing is the only thing i have to pay for is my dinner and drinks, should be a fun time!

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,523 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Cincinnati

make it to Newport one night, and hit the Hoffbrauhaus. can't beat it! Mt. Adams is more the college crowd, but all ages go to Hoffbrau, and the giant beer mugs can't be beat!

St. Louis, Missouri
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Cincinnati

Awesome I will have to remember that one too. I plan to be out everynight like I said before. I was hoping to find people to hang out with. But I will be with a large group of people from school as well. They usually sit around the hotel and drink but I get bored doing that!

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Columbus
Level Contributor
758 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Cincinnati

Damn, I forgot about the Hofbrauhaus. It is certainly worth a visit!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in Cincinnati

For your 21st birthday, definitely check out Cadillac Ranch, Lodge Bar, Sully's and McFadden's, all in the 6th-7th street area of downtown. If you are looking for less of a party atmosphere and more of an upscale lounge setting, then try Havana Martini Club on 5th between Race and Vine. Have fun!!

8. Re: What to do in Cincinnati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 01:20