We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CoCo Key or Great Wolf Lodge?

kentucky
Level Contributor
370 posts
1 review
Save Topic
CoCo Key or Great Wolf Lodge?

Hi everyone~

My husband and I would like to take our 5 year old son on a surprise trip to one of these for his birthday, March 13. Which of these two would you pick and why? Thanks so much for your help!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CoCo Key or Great Wolf Lodge?

I haven't been to either one, but Great Wolf Lodge's waterpark is 78,000 square feet and Coco Key's is 50,000 square feet.

Hopefully someone else who has gone will give you more information!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CoCo Key or Great Wolf Lodge?

Coco Key rooms are a bit cheaper, and they offer Day Passes (whereas Great Wolf you have to rent a room there). Great Wolf seems to be geared to older kids, with more big slides.

cincinnati
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CoCo Key or Great Wolf Lodge?

I've been to CoCo Key and a 5 year old would love it. Tons for smaller kids to do. I wouldn't recommend CoCo Key for kids over 11 or 12. They would get bored.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CoCo Key or Great Wolf Lodge?

The big difference is that you have to get a room at Great Wolf Lodge. Great Wolf is a little bigger than CoCo Key and the rooms are really neat, some have "Kid's Cabins" in them with bunk beds, and it is literally right next to Kings Island, so you could always stay 2 days and take a visit over there as well.

5. Re: CoCo Key or Great Wolf Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 08:16