We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

close to newport on the levee

Wyandotte, Michigan
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
close to newport on the levee

My husband and I are visiting july 8,9, and 10th. I was wondering if there are hotels within walking distance to newport on the levee?

Thanks

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,466 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: close to newport on the levee

There is a Travelodge right across the street although I have no idea what it is like.

Further down, but within easy walking distance, there is a Comfort Inn.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: close to newport on the levee

I think the Comfort Suites usually gets good reviews, but the Travelodge usually doesn't. (You can read Newport, KY hotel reviews.) I also think the Comfort Suites is supposed to have a nice view.

There is a TANK bus route through that area for a dollar or two a ride so that would open up more hotel possibilities if you don't want to drive.

You can zoom in on the downtown map to see hotel locations.

tankbus.org/portals/0/documents/systemmap.pdf

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Kentucky
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
737 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: close to newport on the levee

Hello Melon,

Would agree with previous post although I would take it a bit further in urging you not to stay at the Travel Lodge Newport unless there are not alternatives as it is a disaster.

The Quality Inn mentioned is relatively new although it can be expensive and often sells out.

The Southbank Shuttle, operated by the Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky also operates in downtown Cincinnati with regular and reliable service so downtown Cincy hotels are also an option. For instance, from the Cincinnati Netherland Hilton you can hop on and be at the Levee in about 5 minutes.

I hope you enjoy your visit.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
737 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: close to newport on the levee

Hello Melon,

Would agree with previous post although I would take it a bit further in urging you not to stay at the Travel Lodge Newport unless there are not alternatives as it is a disaster.

The Comfort Inn mentioned is relatively new although it can be expensive and often sells out.

The Southbank Shuttle, operated by the Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky also operates in downtown Cincinnati with regular and reliable service so downtown Cincy hotels are also an option. For instance, from the Cincinnati Netherland Hilton you can hop on and be at the Levee in about 5 minutes.

Be sure to visit nearby Hofbrau Newport on your trip. The beer garden is as authentic as you will find on this side of the Atlantic

I hope you enjoy your visit.

cincinnati
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: close to newport on the levee

Not sure about distance, but check out Embassy Suites.

6. Re: close to newport on the levee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 22:16