We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything New?

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Ky
Level Contributor
730 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Anything New?

We stay downtown every year on Labor Day weekend for Riverfest. Since we are ther for a couple of days we usually like to find an antique mall or a flea market. The Brass Armadillo was one of favorites, but they were going out of business last year when we visited. Is there anyplace new or different to go to for shopping? How about new restaurants downtown? Or maybe some old favorites? We pretty much like any type of food and generally like to try at least one really nice place each visit. We are staying at the Millenium, and generally like to find places that we can walk to. Last year we ate at a place that we walked by and thought looked really neat. BIG MISTAKE!! I will never eat anyplace that I don't know something about beforehand again. So please, any suggestions will be really appreciated.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
669 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything New?

If you mine the board a bit for some of the most recent discussions, I think you will find the restaurant information you are looking for (there are several new options around Fountain Square). What was the name of the place theat you were so dissapointed with?

Louisville, Ky
Level Contributor
730 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anything New?

The place that we didn't like was call the Cadillac Ranch. The food that I had was not very good, and the breading on the fried fish was partly uncooked. Yuck!! It only cost about $35 but it was nowhere near worth it. We also tried Jeanr. which we both really liked.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
669 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anything New?

Couldn't agree more with regard to C. Ranch. Not good and, at least when I was there, the beer prices (even for domestics) were New York-high.

4. Re: Anything New?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 11:19