We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

saturday lunch

usa
Level Contributor
66 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
saturday lunch

I have a 4-hour layover in cincinnati and want a good spot for lunch.

Any suggestions?

i've heard York Street in Newport is good. I def want to get some ice cream at Graeter's. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: saturday lunch

Terry's Turf Club is an awesome buger joint and was recently featured on Diners, Drive-in and Dives.

If you want something a little fancier try Virgils in Bellvue, KY.

If you want something unique, the Knotty Pine in KY is tucked down a country road and serves great cajun food.

Downtown area i highly recommend Nada and Via Vite.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
730 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: saturday lunch

Even if you are just blowing through you have to try Cincy chili. Make you way (easy connection by bus if you really have 4 hours to spare) to Covington, KY and have a few beers. Then sample Gold Star AND Skyline (check Google Earth/Maps for directions but both are easy to find). Might I recommend the cheese coney's from Gold Star (with everything) and the "5-way inverted" (don't ask, just eat) from Skyline.

There is a Gold Star Chili in the airport but like most airport food it is not as good as the real thing.

usa
Level Contributor
66 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: saturday lunch

thank you for the good suggestions! will see what i can do!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: saturday lunch

I only have lived in Cincinnati for 23 years so far, but I absolutely abhor Cincinnati chili. Graeter's, yes, chili, no. (Sorry, nati.)

Edited: 28 June 2010, 17:13
florida
Level Contributor
208 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: saturday lunch

Okay, I give up...what is an inverted 5 way? Husband from Cincy and we have never heard of it and he is a Skyline fanatic.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: saturday lunch

I assume the shredded cheddar cheese at the bottom (a reversal of the 5-way ingredients - others being beans, onion, chili, spagetti - layering). My stomach shudders just listing them.

Edited: 29 June 2010, 04:05
7. Re: saturday lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cincinnati
Recent Conversations