We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks near the Eastgate area?

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Fireworks near the Eastgate area?

I will be in the Eastgate area this weekend and wondered if it will be possible to see fireworks from there, or nearby? Also, any advice on where to eat or not to eat in the area......and any attractions for a 17 month old would be greatly appreciated.

I've thought about heading to Newport (aquarium) on either Saturday or Sunday - any idea which day is better, considering it's a holiday weekend? Thanks so much!

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireworks near the Eastgate area?

There are fireworks in Blue Ash, which isn't too far from Eastgate via I 275.

www.cincinnatiusa.com/attractions/detail.asp…

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireworks near the Eastgate area?

The Blue Ash July 4th fireworks are the best in the area. I've seen them go as long as 40 minutes. They have big name acts too. This year they're having Yes, and Peter Frampton. It's at a new location this year - across the street from the Blue Ash airport (moved from the sports park because of easier parking).

http://www.blueashevents.com/

The Mason fireworks are about as good. They have them on July 3rd instead (possibly so they don't lose any people to the Blue Ash event???) But the good thing about that is that now you can go to both! This year the performing acts are the Rusty Griswolds, and Off the Hook.

http://www.imaginemason.org/

Not many attractions for a 17month old. You might try Glenwood Gardens or Sharon Woods parks - they have play areas and animals for young kids. Sharon woods and Winton Woods also have nice waterpark attractions that would be perfect for someone that age. For meals, try Chuckie Cheese (I know there's one in Springdale but I don't know where else might have one).

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,376 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fireworks near the Eastgate area?

Tsk tsk Imager, you're going to send her to Chuckie Cheese? ;-) I'm kidding with ya. (there used to be one at eastgate, but I think it closed)

Ditto the Blue Ash Fireworks. Considering it's a holiday weekend, the Aquarium will likely be packed regardless, same for the zoo. Key to anywhere that's going to be busy for the weekend is to get there early. Get there at opening, and you'll be walking out when the bulk of the crowd is rolling in. Newport also has a Ride the Ducks tour that I bet your baby would get a kick out of. Sharon Woods also has nice walking trails, a playground with some water features, paddle boats, etc. I think daily admission is $2 per car? It's $5 per year. If you're into hiking and nature, the Cincinnati Nature Center is 5 minutes from Eastgate. My kids (4 and 2) love it there. East Fork State Park is also nearby, which is nice for walking and has a beach area.

As for food... pretty much every chain is represented in Eastgate or nearby Milford, Beechmont or Anderson. None are phenomonal, but none are terrible either.

Edited: 30 June 2010, 03:27
Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fireworks near the Eastgate area?

Yeah, I know. But I gotta admit, when my kids were that age they loved Chuckie Cheese, as "cheesy" as it is.

Sharon Woods also has a fun indoor/air conditioned "tree house" that the young kids love clambering around, plus some animals and fish on display. It's is a different location in that park than the waterpark area.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fireworks near the Eastgate area?

Thanks so much!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fireworks near the Eastgate area?

I second IrishLake's recommendation of the Cincinnati Nature Center, a great place to visit, with a lovely small lake with a boardwalk along the edge from which kids love to watch the wildfowl/turtles on the lake.

Near Eastgate, I highly recommend Cafe Mediterranean in Anderson Town Centre (the next exit south from Eastgate on I-275), which serves lovely Turkish/Greek food (wonderful cold appetizers and all sorts of kebabs) with friendly owners and a nice atmosphere for lunch or dinner.

For fireworks, Blue Ash (my neighborhood) definitely is the place but be prepared for large crowds.

7. Re: Fireworks near the Eastgate area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 06:16