We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East CIncy: Holiday Inn or Fairfield Inn?

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,009 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
East CIncy: Holiday Inn or Fairfield Inn?

Hi,

We have a one nighter next weekend for a sporting event near Eastgate. Any opinions on these two hotels? The Fairfield is around $100, the Holiday Inn $150, but using points and both are the same. They are ranked #7 and #4 here on TA so I'm guessing both are above expectations for the money.

Looking for clean, comfortable beds, room to hang out (in a 2 bed queen room, not a suite), quiet, near food options. Mom and daughter trip.

Thanks!

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
700 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East CIncy: Holiday Inn or Fairfield Inn?

RE: "They are ranked #7 and #4 here on TA "

Sadly that proves what a joke the TA rankings are. Not that these are bad places to stay but that the fix is decidedly in with regard to ranking the area's best hotels (err, I mean motels).

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,009 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East CIncy: Holiday Inn or Fairfield Inn?

I am not expecting a Westin bed or Millennium suite. I think TA's rankings reflect customer satisfaction, or lack of. Or more precisely, how the experience of a hotel lines up with expectations of it and its cost.

Anyway, I made my choice so thanks....I guess.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
700 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: East CIncy: Holiday Inn or Fairfield Inn?

I think TripAdvisor is very handy overall for travel research. By mining individual reviews you can find out a lot about a given city, hotel, restaurant, etc. But, the hotel/motel and restaurant rankings are just a gimmick and a reflection of little to nothing other than good marketing.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,009 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: East CIncy: Holiday Inn or Fairfield Inn?

An update: we stayed at the Fairfield Inn.

Our room (standard with two queens) was spotless, the water pressure very good, AC cooled the room before we arrived. The pool and jacuzzi were clean and cool-hot as appropriate. I asked for and was cheerfully granted early check-in. Flat screen TV with lots of channels, good amount of closet space. No evidence of bedbugs (I checked). Desk area, free wi-fi.

The breakfast (free) included hard boiled eggs, waffles you make fresh yourself, lots of baked goods, cereals, breads, fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice, oatmeal. All constantly restocked and the area kept clean. I would have preferred not to have to hear FoxNews blaring on the TV in that room, but that was easily fixed by taking breakfast to our room or the lobby.

Staff was pleasant, parking abundant....all in all a very good experience.

5. Re: East CIncy: Holiday Inn or Fairfield Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2012, 06:26
6. Re: East CIncy: Holiday Inn or Fairfield Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2012, 06:26
Get answers to your questions about Cincinnati
Recent Conversations