We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for inexpensive places to eat

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
282 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for inexpensive places to eat

We will be spending a week in the Colraine neighborhood and paying for lunches and dinner for 5 people for 5 days. This is not our main vacation so we want to spend as little as possible for the meals (we do not have a set budget, just as little as possible) However do nto want to eat at fast food restaurants. Any suggestions?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,433 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for inexpensive places to eat

Coleraine Ave. has a lot of chain restaurants. If you don't mind going a few miles try these local, non-chain places:

Bacall's on Hamilton Ave. Parking in back, onion straws to die for and good burgers.

Angelo's on Winton Rd. just north of the Ronald Reagan Hwy. Great gyros and great breakfast all day. Try the French toast.

Goody's Barbeque just down the street from Bacall's. I've never eaten there but I've had Creola's catering and it was great.

Van Zant's on Galbraith. My friend loved their crab cake. For about $7 I had the French onion soup and 1/2 of a turkey club on foccacia. Very yummy.

Also try our local pizza chain, LaRosa's. All kinds of Italian food. Numerous locations.

For a truly Cincinnati creation try Cicinnati style chili at Gold Star or Skyline. I can't stand the stuff but its a big favorite around here. Also lots of locations.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for inexpensive places to eat

thanks so much!

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for inexpensive places to eat

Thanks so much!

cincinnati
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for inexpensive places to eat

Walt's BBQ on Colerain Avenue is good and inexpensive. The Red Squirrel, also on Colerain, is good for basic food like sandwiches. If your family likes Indian food, there are a few really great Indian buffets in Clifton (Ludlow Avenue). And they're right next door to Graeter's, an ice cream favorite in Cincinnati (though not cheap). Frisch's has multiple locations in Cincinnati and are known for their breakfast buffet.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for inexpensive places to eat

great ideas. Thanks!

6. Re: Suggestions for inexpensive places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 11:18