We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions for visit to Miami of Ohio & King's Island

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
st. louis, missouri
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions for visit to Miami of Ohio & King's Island

We are visiting Cincinnati for a college visit at Miami of Ohio and a trip to King's Island. Any suggestions as to a hotel or area to stay in that is centrally located and might appeal to a family with teenagers? Someone suggested the Kentucky riverfront, but I know nothing about it.

Cincinnati, Oh
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions for visit to Miami of Ohio & King's Island

Northern Kentucky, while a nice place to stay, would not be convenient to either Miami or Kings Island. I am not familiar with hotels in the area but you will want to stay north of downtown Cincy. If you want it midway, perhaps something in the Fairfield, Sharonville or even Kings Island area depending on the order of your trip

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
66 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions for visit to Miami of Ohio & King's Island

This could be a pricey suggestion, but Great Wolf Lodge is right next door to King's Island and would be enjoyable for a family with teenagers. I don't think it would be too bad a drive up to Miami, but anything in between Miami and King's Island really wouldn't be conveniant to either (does that make sense?).

Fairfield and Sharonville are good suggestions, though, for both. I'd say Hamilton, but there just aren't many hotels in Hamilton these days.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestions for visit to Miami of Ohio & King's Island

I assume you are kidding about staying in Hamilton. No way; and I worked there several years.

Sharonville has a lot of generic chains that would fit any pricepoint and would be convenient for both visits, with I-275, part of the route to either, being the major commonality for both places you are planning to visit.

Edited: 23 July 2011, 16:09
West Chester, Ohio
Level Contributor
774 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestions for visit to Miami of Ohio & King's Island

There's a relatively new Marriott property in Hamilton which is an improvement over the old Hamiltonian Hotel, so you might still look at Hamilton. That would put you roughly half way between Oxford and King's Island.

Or, look at the West Chester area which would put you a little closer to King's Island but still relatively convenient to Oxford via the Butler Regional Highway. There's a Wingate hotel that's nice on Tylersville, and a whole slew of Marriott properties and others at Union Center. If you stay at Union Center, there is an Ikea right there and a Frontgate/Travel Smith/Ballard Design outlet. Continuing with the shopping theme, there's Cinci Premium Outlets a few exits up I-75 in Monroe which can also be of interest to teens, especially with "back to school" on the horizon.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
198 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suggestions for visit to Miami of Ohio & King's Island

Cincinnati Marriott North or Northeast..either one..

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel suggestions for visit to Miami of Ohio & King's Island

Kentucky Riverfront is a bit far from both Miami and Kings Island (about 30 mins to KI and Hr 1/2 to Miami). I agree with Pepperridge in saying that Cincinnati Marriott Northeast is a good spot. You may want to check out the Kings Island Package on this page that includes tickets to KI and a stay at Marriott NE. The KI tickets include 2 adult and 2 children, but I'm sure if you give them a call you can work out a price on tix for your teenagers.

Best of luck!

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel suggestions for visit to Miami of Ohio & King's Island

Oops. The link for the KI/Marriott package is this: ohioslargestplayground.com/places-to-play/…

8. Re: Hotel suggestions for visit to Miami of Ohio & King's Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 10:20