We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cincinnati Weekend...Reds, downtown, shopping, etc.

B
10 posts
Save Topic
Cincinnati Weekend...Reds, downtown, shopping, etc.

I'm going to purchase tickets to a couple Reds games tomorrow and I was looking for ideas on where to stay for the weekend. Are there any recommended hotels that are close and make it easy to get to the stadium? Also do any of these hotels have shopping, restaurants, things to do within walking distance?

The last couple years we have done a trip like this to Chicago. Stayed on Michigan Avenue and took the Red line to a couple Cubs games. I have never been to Cincinnati and I know it's not the same as Chicago, but I was looking for a similar trip so we can experience the Queen City.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cincinnati Weekend...Reds, downtown, shopping, etc.

Hi.

Any of the downtown hotels are close enough. You might want to look arounf 5th street, but be advised that 5th around Fountain Square closed today . The city is revamping Fountain Square, and it may be a little construction-y. t's supposed to be finished this Fall. If you want to get away from 5th, I'd suggest the Garfield Suites. It's on Vine across from the Library.

For attractions: The Reds Hall of fame, Freedom Center, and there's more on the other side of the river. Use the Southbank Shuttle for an easy way to get there. I've always thought Cincy has a great downtown for walking, so you shouldnt have a prob getting to the ballpark.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
779 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cincinnati Weekend...Reds, downtown, shopping, etc.

Hi! You'll have a nice weekend here in Cincinnati. If I were you, I would stay in Covington/Newport KY. You can walk across the "Purple People Bridge" into Cincy, and there is a little more nightlife on the KY side. Try the Comfort Inn & Suites, Marriott or Embassy Suites. You'll have a great time.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cincinnati Weekend...Reds, downtown, shopping, etc.

I agree stay at the comfort suites in Newport or Embassy suites in covington.Newport on the levee for shopping and entertaiment.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cincinnati Weekend...Reds, downtown, shopping, etc.

Between downtown and the Northern Kentucky riverfront, there is more than enough to keep you busy for a weekend. Let us know a little bit more about what you like to do when you're not at a game and what kind of restaurants you like, etc., and we should be able to make some good suggestions.

As for hotels, the closest approximations to the feel you might find on Michigan Ave. would be the downtown Hilton Netherland Plaza or the Westin. Those are closest to the most variety of shopping, restaurants, nightlife, and the stadium.

Get answers to your questions about Cincinnati