We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How early do we need to get to the airport?

Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
How early do we need to get to the airport?

We have a flight through Delta that leaves CVG at 9:05am on a saturday. How early do we need to get to the airport. We will be checking one bag and two car seats. We have never been to this airport (we usually fly out of Dayton) and have no idea what to expect.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
730 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How early do we need to get to the airport?

Plan on an extra 15-30 minutes more than you do when flying out of Dayton as long-term parking is slightly more distant.

You can look up current traffic and potential road works here (http://www.artimis.org/traffic.php).

I've run into some rather nasty backups on I-75 southbound beginning north of downtown and continuing into N. Kentucky on the weekend (although this construction may be complete [?]). If there are any potential problems and if are coming from north of the I-275 loop you may wish to utilize it (westbound and eventually through a bit of Indiana and then into Kentucky) as traffic is generally very light on that route.

Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How early do we need to get to the airport?

Thank you so much for the information about the construction and the link to the website. We are coming from the north and I hadn't even thought about construction delays. I checked out that website and it is very helpful. Thanks again.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How early do we need to get to the airport?

We almost missed our flight last summer because of a half hour delay on the I-75/71 bridge crossing the river due to construction. Plus the security line at the airport was long, even for my shortened business class line. I'd plan to get there 2 hours in advance, that way if something goes wrong (flat tire, etc.) you could still get there in time. We missed a flight once running up to it when they shut the door because we weren't there 15 minutes before the official departure time. If all goes well you can plan on an hour early for getting from the parking to the airport, checking in, getting through security, walking to the gate, and being there 15 minutes in advance, but that's cutting it close - why take the risk?

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
730 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How early do we need to get to the airport?

. . . and just to clarify, I didn't mean to suggest that you arrive only 30 minutes before your flight but rather give yourselves a bit more time than you generally do when flying out of Dayton as long-term parking is a bit further afield.

Also, the weekend construction mentioned above is still on-going.

5. Re: How early do we need to get to the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cincinnati