We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riverfront park ?

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
775 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
riverfront park ?

Hi,

i read about Cincy building a brandnew River Front Park between PB Stadium and the Ballpark.

www.cincinnatiusa.com/Attractions/detail.asp…

Can't find any additional info on the web. Is it ready, and is it worth visiting/strolling?

Thank you!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: riverfront park ?

I haven't heard anything about it. I'm pretty sure it's not there (yet). Riverfront development has a long history of long delays or plans that never come to fruition.

Maastricht, The...
Destination Expert
for Maastricht
Level Contributor
775 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: riverfront park ?

Thank you for the reply, Imager.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: riverfront park ?

Excerpt from local newspaper story just this past week:

"The huge fountain being built in Cincinnati's new Riverfront Park will be finished and turned on for one celebration - then turned off because there's no money to keep it running.

Because of budget cuts, the Event Lawn, a nearly half-acre green space funded by a $1 million donation from Fifth Third Bank, will be the only piece of the 45-acre park to open this year, said Willie Carden, parks director. Its first - and possibly last - event for the foreseeable future will be a May luncheon for the women's group that has raised more than $1 million for the park in the past four years.

"We're going to party that day," Carden said. "But after that? There's no sense in playing games with it, (the money's) gone. ... It destroys me."

The park, between the two stadiums, is being built with capital money - about $30 million so far from federal, state and local dollars for the first phase. Another $8 million in private dollars has been raised.

Carden had hoped to open the park's bicycle shop, Procter & Gamble Co.-sponsored walking paths, labyrinth and tree grove this year. But his department took a $1.37 million cut, including $450,000 for Riverfront Park operations and maintenance, as part of council's decisions to fill the $54 million budget hole. The total estimated price tag for the park is about $120 million."

4. Re: riverfront park ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:41