We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cincinatti to New York bus - gotobus.com

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
213 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Cincinatti to New York bus - gotobus.com

Hi,

Just wanted to inquire about the bus service from Cincinatti to New York City provided via gotobus.com - anyone happen to use it?

a large group (almost 30 people) are looking for the cheapest way of getting to New York City from Cincinatti, we came across the gotobus.com service.

found this article on the service -

urbancincy.com/2012/…

the bus looks to be about $80/$90 per person.

Or perhaps there are better suggestions for getting to New York?

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
691 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cincinatti to New York bus - gotobus.com

[when doing your searches, we are spelled Cincinnati]

Are you looking for a one-way trip or a return trip? If only one-way then Amtrak might be an alternative. It would certainly be more comfortable although the train does not run every day and the schedule is not as convenient as the bus. Also, it appears that the bus departs from Glensprings Dr. in Springdale. This is a suburb that is several miles from Cincinnati and a local bus plus a considerable walk would be required to actually get there.

The company operating the route looks to be:

http://www.skyhorsebus.com/

Edited: 11 June 2012, 13:56
Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
213 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cincinatti to New York bus - gotobus.com

my apologies for the spelling mistake.

Yes, it is a one way trip, however we need a specific date - July 9 - but after checking amtrak.com the train is only available July 11.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cincinatti to New York bus - gotobus.com

Greyhound is an alternative. If you can get to Pittsburgh, I believe Megabus has a route from Pittsburgh to NYC. Both Greyhound and Megabus generally leave from downtown locations.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
213 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cincinatti to New York bus - gotobus.com

Greyhound website gives a itinerary that involves a change in Cleveland, not entirely convenient.

I suppose we may simply rent a few minivans and make our way ourselves.

Thanks for the help and advice though - much appreciated!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cincinatti to New York bus - gotobus.com

You'll have one-way drop charges with minivans.

Did you check Megabus routes from both Cleveland and Pittsburgh to NYC?

Isn't there direct service by Greyhound from Cincinnati to Pittsburgh, perhaps by way of Columbus? Columbus isn't out of your way to NYC, so also check Greyhound service from Columbus to NYC.

Admittedly, you may have to stay overnight in either Cleveland or Pittsburgh to make a megabus connection.

Have you considered calling Delta, or perhaps Southwest Airlines out of Dayton, and asking if they could provide some meaningful discounts for such a large group?

Just thinking of options with no definite suggestions.

Good luck!

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
340 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cincinatti to New York bus - gotobus.com

I know you can take megabus via Pittsburgh to NYC, but you will have to deal with a 3+ hour layover in the middle of downtown with your luggage.

I'd really be interested in more information on what your travel arrangements are? I can't think of any sort of arrangements where I'd need to transport a large group of people one way.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
213 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cincinatti to New York bus - gotobus.com

Cincinnati, as you may know, is hosting the 'World Choir Games' in July.

We are travelling from Latvia to participate. And we wanted to spend a few days in New York as well - and then fly back from New York.

hence the large group needing one way travel.

We will go with the minivan approach, even with one way fee it winds up being cheaper than the bus.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cincinatti to New York bus - gotobus.com

Hansmoleman, Cincinnati is very excited about hosting the World Choir Games here next month. We all look forward to this wonderful event.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
340 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cincinatti to New York bus - gotobus.com

I wish I had a better suggestion for you. There really aren't a lot of good ways to do what you are trying to get accomplished without spending a considerable amount of money. You should talk to the people with the world choir games directly to see if they can provide any accommodations via their sponsors?

I have heard of people renting charter buses for round trip weekend visits to NYC during the Christmas holiday, but I wouldn't even begin to tell you who to talk to for that. The organizers of the WCG may be able to help give you the names of bus providers who could possibly help.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cincinatti to New York bus - gotobus.com

A charter bus is a great idea. It should be considerably cheaper than renting vans, and likely safer. Cincinnati charter bus companies should be available on the internet if not in the yellow pages.

Edited: 17 June 2012, 01:05