We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Cincinnati...need some suggestions!

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Champaign...
2 posts
Save Topic
Weekend in Cincinnati...need some suggestions!

Hi!

I will be staying in Cincinnati for a weekend at the end of the month, since my friends from PR will be there for a conference/workshop. During the nights we plan to hang out (dancing, bars, etc). I can't spend too much money and I have notice that hotels are pretty expensive in downtown (that's were they will be). I want a cheap hotel! What other area near downtown will have cheaper hotels? The airport (20 mins away)?? I don't know if going back and forth from an airport hotel to downtown will be a bad idea. Is parking in downtown expensive or hard to find? What about traffic? Since we are planning on drinking...will a cab to an airport hotel be expensive? Will the whole idea be cost effective?

Can you please tell me what will be best? I will really appreciate it! Thanks!

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
680 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend in Cincinnati...need some suggestions!

If you are going out at night you definitely don't want to be commuting either by car or cab or even bus (schedules are limited) to and from the airport. Have you checked rates at the Gairfield Suites Hotel or with the Millennium Hotel? Perhaps you can utilize priceline.com in order to secure a room? Neither of the two places above are great but they are functional and central. What part of town are your friends staying in? Also note that hotels in either central CovingtonKentucky or NewportKentucky (using them as one word to avoid the highly annoying automatic links produced by t.advisor) may be an option although best in my opinion to avoid the Newport Travel Lodge as well as the Ramada Inn in downtown Cincinnati.

Edited: 06 February 2013, 15:16
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend in Cincinnati...need some suggestions!

Going back and forth to the airport would be a waste of time in my opinion. Priceline is a good suggestion. And I would also second the suggestion about looking at hotels in Newport and Covington Kentucky. There is the Southbank Shuttle bus that does a route between downtown Cincinnati, Covington and Newport. I think the fare is only a $1. If you stay in Covington you could also skip Cincinnati one night and hit the bars and restaurants in Mainstrasse (although I don't think there are dance clubs there if that is what you are looking for. It's more like pubs). This would be an easy walk from the Holiday Inn or Courtyard.

3. Re: Weekend in Cincinnati...need some suggestions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 06:18