We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cincinnati Amtrak station

Central Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Cincinnati Amtrak station

I am planning an Amtrak trip from Cincinnati to Chicago. I will be gone for about 5 days. Is there long term (5 day) parking at the Cincinnati Amtrak station ?

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cincinnati Amtrak station

The Amtrak station is housed in Cincinnati's grand old Union Terminal building, but only occupies a small fraction of it. Most of the terminal now hosts attractions such as the Cincinnati Museum Center and an Omnimax movie theater.

Because so few people driving to Union Terminal are storing their cars while they catch a train, the only parking is in open lots. I'd strongly advise against leaving your vehicle there, not only due to weather considerations. The station is on a large plot of real estate but the surrounding city neighborhoods are terrible. It would come down to how much you trust the security patrols and city police to protect your "wheels" after dark - over four to six days at that. A better alternative would be to leave the car in one of the big covered or underground garages downtown. Taxi service in Cincinnati is confined to the major hotels, but even with suitcases it'd be an easy walk to one of them. Cab fare to the station would not be expensive, and your driver could probably tell you about making arrangements to be carried back downtown upon your return.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
702 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cincinnati Amtrak station

Hello JB,

This is a good question and in spite of the ridiculously long journey from Cincy to Chicago (it is twice as fast to drive) I take the train a few times a year just so I don't have to be bothered with a car in Chi (and I love passenger trains). I will do some checking over the next few days and get back with you. By the way, I've left my car in the Union Terminal/Museum Center lot for as much as 6 days but I am a member and I can park there for free. When are you leaving?

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
702 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cincinnati Amtrak station

. . . and I suspect that Spensworld is correct in that you'd be better off parking elsewhere and taking a quick cab to and from the Museum Center.

4. Re: Cincinnati Amtrak station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 08:23
Get answers to your questions about Cincinnati