We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel stay - near or away from downtown

Which Cincinnati hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel stay - near or away from downtown

My wife and I are coming into town in July for the Macy's Music Festival. I'm trying to determine the best hotel for us. The downtown hotels are pretty much booked at this point, but I did secure a room at the Holiday Inn Riverfront. Is this hotel in walking distance to Paul Brown Stadium and would one suggest/recommend walking in lieu of driving?

I've also looked at hotels in Blue Ash, Sharonville, Covington, and Wilder, KY. Would this be a better bet? Is it a lengthy drive from the Stadium, does traffic from major stadium events make the drive more confusing for an out-of-towner, etc.?

Thanks.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel stay - near or away from downtown

There are a lot of lots in downtown within walking distance of the stadium however, if you could walk it would be better. Covington is right across the river from PBS and Wilder is a 5 minute drive from downtown. Blue Ash and Sharonville will be more like 20 to 25 minutes drive. All of this is considering normal traffic so you could add 15 to 20 minutes with traffic for a festival of that size. If your reservations are at the Holiday Inn Cincinnati - Riverfront, you are right across the river in Covington so you are already in a good spot. You could catch a river taxi or, I think, you can walk across both the Brent Spence Bridge (would not recommend) or the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge (less traffic than the Brent Spence and closer to satdium).

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
680 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel stay - near or away from downtown

The Holiday Inn is not in an ideal location (except for fast food) but it would be much preferable to staying in the suburbs for the festival. As mentioned by cincytripper you can walk across one of the bridges (the latter, not the former, has a pedestrian walkway) or take a shuttle bus tankbus.org/routes-schedules/southbank-shutt…

or a cheap taxi across. You are also within easy walking distance of the Covington Mainstraße entertainment district that has multiple restaurants and bars. Enjoy your visit.

Edited: 20 March 2013, 19:42
3. Re: Hotel stay - near or away from downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 05:15