We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I get a rental car?

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Should I get a rental car?

We are flying into town for several days (husband's conference), staying at the Hilton Netherland Plaza. I'd like to kill some time by visiting a museum or something close by. Anything near walking distance? Would you recommend a car to get places? Many thanks...

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
703 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I get a rental car?

For the best museums you don't need a car. The Cincinnati Art Museum is an easy taxi ride from downtown (or you can take the #1 bus and walk a bit) as is the Taft Museum (definitely worth a trip). The Contemporary Arts Museum and the Freedom Center are downtown. so no cars necessary at all. The Cincinnati Museum Center is an easy bus or taxi ride away and there are others like the American Sign Museum (a lot better than it sounds) that are also an easy taxi ride form downtown. You might also consider delaying any rental car reservations until after arrival, see what there is to see. and if you get bored rent a vehicle then. With regard to "anything within walking distance," consult the "Things to Do" link at the top of this page and check back here for any other questions as a lot depends on what you like to do and see and experience when traveling . . . [stupid auto links generated by tripadvisor]. And one other thought, don't let anyone talk you into going to Montgomery Inn Barbecue. A Texan is certain to be bitterly disappointed with it. Do try the chili though as it is different.

Edited: 27 May 2013, 23:22
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I get a rental car?

NatiDaddy gives some good advice in waiting to rent a car. The best museums are in downtown or the general vacinity and you could easily walk or cab it. There are some things worth seeing outside of the downtown area, but the best is in that area. Downtown and the Over-the-Rhine area also have some excellant restaurants and entertainment options all easily accessable from your hotel.

3. Re: Should I get a rental car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 06:18