We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to allow for tour of William Howard Taft's home

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
292 posts
280 reviews
Save Topic
How long to allow for tour of William Howard Taft's home

I will be in Cincinnati for a conference (actually, Northern Kentucky), about 4 miles from the Taft home. (I would take a cab.) I will have about 2 hours maximum between the time the conference ends and the time we need to leave for the airport. I can spend a lot of time in places like this, so a rushed trip can be frustrating, but I have read that this is a small home. How much time might you suggest at minimum? (I would do the Underground Railroad Museum, closer to the hotel, but it is closed on Sundays...the day I will have available!) Thank you!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
883 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to allow for tour of William Howard Taft's home

I visited the house almost 2 years ago and I would say 1 hour-1 hour 15 mins. would be plenty of time to tour the house. I am a history/presidential geek and was there for almost 1 1/2 hours and that was taking my time. You might be more delayed in getting there as I believe the reason the URM is closed on that Sunday is because the Bengals have a home game(hence more traffic for the cab to navigate)...otherwise it is open on Sundays.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to allow for tour of William Howard Taft's home

It's been a long time since I visited, but I think 2 hours would be more than enough.

3. Re: How long to allow for tour of William Howard Taft's home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Cincinnati
Recent Conversations