We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafting Trips - Copper River

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
35 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Rafting Trips - Copper River

Does anyone have experience with tour companies that operate rafting trips near Copper Center - we have found 2 (River Wrangllers and Copper Oars) but am not sure if they are similar - looking for options or feedback on a 3 hour and a full day trip with class 3-4 rapids Thanks a bunch!!!

3 replies to this topic
Chickaloon, Alaska
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rafting Trips - Copper River

I did the Klutina River with River Wrangellers, who offers more different road accessible day trips which make their trips considerably cheaper. They are also the most popular offering at the Princess Copper River lodge. I believe they are the only ones doing the Tonsina River and class IV whitewater in that theater. The company is owned by the same folks who operate NOVA, who are considered the best in Alaska.

Port Orchard...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rafting Trips - Copper River

We are going for the third time this year river rafting and salmon fishing with River Wrangellers! The guides are knowledgable and professional, we have had so much fun fishing the Gulkana and Klutina. My husband was very successful catching Sockeye and Kings, it took me a little longer to limit. The guides worked with me patiently but allowed me to do it on my own, I appreciated that. On our float trip we saw eagles and learned about the area, pretty exciting. We recommend River Wragellers to who ever is going to Alaska!

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rafting Trips - Copper River

Welcome to the forum bsmrjohnson..........a raving review for this outfit, maybe it should be submitted as a review though and not in the forum......what else did you do while in Alaska ?.......

Reply to: Rafting Trips - Copper River
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Copper Center
Recent Conversations