We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copper river trips

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Copper river trips

We are from yjr UK and will be in copper river for a free day during a Princess cruises land tour next June, anybody recommend any trips from this location, not interested in fishing/rafting though, wildlife maybe.

4 replies to this topic
Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copper river trips

wrangellmountainair.com/trips/alaska_day_tou…

Wrangell-St. Elias National Park is fascinating with breathtaking scenery. If you go for this option I suggest a glacier hike with a guide and a tour of the mill. You would need to find out how to get from Princess Lodge to the air strip in Chitina.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copper river trips

The cruiseline will have a list of excursions for you to choose from. Or look at the lodge's web site to see what's available. The lodge is lovely as are the grounds but it's rather isolated so I'm not sure how you would access independent vendors.

www.princesslodges.com/copper-river-lodge.cfm

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copper river trips

places - it is a long ways to Chitina from Copper Center and their best bet would be booking tours through the lodge tour desk. Incidently, we have stayed there independently, but we had our car. We had lunch there in July and my wife has had enough of that area. Makes Homer look like a big city.

Columbus, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Copper river trips

Princess offers a 12 hour excursion from their lodge to McCarthy/Kennecott mill by van.

Reply to: Copper river trips
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Copper Center
Recent Conversations