We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging Questions

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
303 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lodging Questions

I am trying to book reservations for August to stay in the park. It will be me, my wife, and our 1 year old daughter. We will be staying in Yellowstone for 3 nights and would like to stay in 1 hotel all 3 nights so we don't have to move around. After checking availability, the 2 most appealing options to us are either:

Canyon Lodge (either Cascade or Dunraven) high end room with 2 double beds

or

Lake Yellowstone Hotel (queen bed)

Canyon is slightly cheaper, but Lake Yellowstone has the queen bed.

With our traveling situation, which would you choose? Which accommodation would be better? Better location?

Do these hotels rent cribs to accomodate young children?

Thank you.

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
834 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging Questions

Hi Gniel9,

We liked the Canyon area becaue it is in the center of the park. We stayed at the cabins there, but the lodge looked nice.

I could not find anything about cribs on their web sit, so call them. I have found the people on the phone to be very helpful. 866-439-7375

Enjoy your trip!

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging Questions

Either location would be fine. I prefer the Lake Hotel, because of the view and I just like the historic nature of the hotel. Last trip we stayed in the cabins at the lake and ate dinner one night at the Canyon -- it's not that far to get around the park. The Canyon is just a bit more centrally located. Call the reservations number and they will be able to answer your question about cribs.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging Questions

Anyone else? Thank you.

Ball Ground, Georgia
Level Contributor
22 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging Questions

We like the Lake area better, but only if we're in the cabins. When planning our trip for this summer we considered staying in one of the high end rooms at Canyon rather than the rooms at Lake Yellowstone (no cabins available). I've never seen the inside of Canyon, but I have heard that the walls are really, really thin at Lake Yellowstone. Canyon is newer so things are a little nicer.

I think it's a matter of preference. Where do you think you'll spend most of your time in the park? We love the Hayden Valley so Canyon and Lake Yellowstone work great for evening animal viewing. A lot of people like Canyon because it's at a junction of the grand loop road that allows you to go north, south and west - where as Lake Yellowstone is further south in the park.

I don't think you'll be disappointed either way - as Yellowstone is always a great place to be and likely your plans don't include staying in your room the whole time.

Enjoy!!

5. Re: Lodging Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 00:20