We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roosevelt vs Castagno Cookout

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Roosevelt vs Castagno Cookout

Has anyone done the Roosevelt Cookout and wagon ride. How was it? I am trying to compare it to the cookout/wagon ride offered by Castagno Outfitters in the Grand Tetons. The timing of the one offered by Castagno works better, but I wanted to compare the quality of the two. Thanks.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,381 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roosevelt vs Castagno Cookout

Wish I had more info... hope this bump will help.

I have seen tv shows about the Roosevelt Cookout.. looks fun, but also looks like a lot of people!

Nashville
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roosevelt vs Castagno Cookout

Prac1:

Check out the You Tube video of a Roosevelt Cookout that I found last night.

The link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF7YNvimnLA

Copy and paste it into your browser.

It is about 14 minutes long and shows the trip.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roosevelt vs Castagno Cookout

Tntands,

Thanks for posting the Roosevelt video. That gives me an idea of what to expect. I wish I could find one for Castagno.

Nashville
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roosevelt vs Castagno Cookout

I would love to do the Castagno Outfitters cookout. Unfortunately for us, their rides start on 6/15 and we are leaving for Colorado on 6/12.

What I have decided at this point (it may change many times between now and June) is to see a Western Music show in Cody by going to the Dan Miller Cowboy Revue there. I got positive feedback on TA of it and I mentioned it to a friend (who is in the music industry) here in Nashville and he said anything Dan Miller was associated with will be good.

We will plan to see a rodeo on West Yellowstone. There will be one there 2 of the 4 nights we spend there, and we will take a stage coach ride at Roosevelt.

I don't want to drive back from Roosevelt after the cookout to West Yellowstone and I don't want to give up a sunset in the Tetons in order to attend a show in Jackson.

The best way for us to experience a show, a wagon ride and a rodeo seems to be the above plan.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roosevelt vs Castagno Cookout

Thanks for the video link tntands. I hope to be viewing wildlife in the valleys on the way back from the cookout in the Tetons. I have been advised that is a great time to do so.

6. Re: Roosevelt vs Castagno Cookout

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 09:23