We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going in July 08

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
177 reviews
Save Topic
going in July 08

We are wanting to spend two night in july at Yellowstone but after looking at the in park places to stay, there isnt any availablity. We are coming from the Mt Rushmore area. Where would be a good place to stay?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,002 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going in July 08

We are doing the same trip but in early June. We are flying into Denver, going to Keystone, Battle of Little Big Horn, Cody, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole. Cody is 50 miles from the park entrance. Cody is a good 7-8 hour drive with stops from Mt. Rushmore so that might be a good stop for Day 1. For Day 2 I would either do Gardiner, MT. or West Yellowstone, MT. if no reservations are available in the park. I think that Old Faithful is a must see for Yellowstone. Where are you going after Yellowstone? That may dictate where you stay the 2nd night.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going in July 08

I called the number for reservations in the park and got Grant village for one night. I think the first night we will just stay in Cody.

Thanks

3. Re: going in July 08

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 13:21