We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Bridge Bay to West Thumb

Nashville
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Drive from Bridge Bay to West Thumb

Is the drive from Bridge Bay to West Thumb a must see?

Is there a lot of wildlife along this stretch?

I am considering skipping this section, but don't want to miss it is there will be a lot of wildlife posssibilities.

Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,765 posts
405 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive from Bridge Bay to West Thumb

From what I have read and researched the main wildlife is birds. Hopefully someone who knows the area can post and let you know. This is also where the natural bridge that the area is named for is located.

alabama
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive from Bridge Bay to West Thumb

not really a must see imo. the drive is along the shore of lake yellowstone & that's pretty but that's about it imo. i've seen moose a few times on that drive but that's about it the times i've made it.

Nashville
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive from Bridge Bay to West Thumb

Thanks for the responses. We will probably play it by ear and only drive it if we have time. If not, we will skip it. We will only have 4 full days in the park, so there isn't going to be time for everything I would like to do. We can visit West Thumb on our way out of the Park as we head toward Signal Mountain Lodge for a couple of nights.

We plan to take a scenic cruise on our way into the park. Then we will head through Hayden Valley to Canyon.

North Dakota
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive from Bridge Bay to West Thumb

I would agree that you can skip this road section and not miss anything, especially if you're going on a lake cruise.

5. Re: Drive from Bridge Bay to West Thumb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 06:18