We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yellowstone in winter

New Jersey
Level Contributor
230 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
yellowstone in winter

I have a reservation for 8 nights at the Snow Lodge for December'08. I have recently been diagnosed with Raynaud's syndrome, which means I have trouble regulating the temperature of my hands.My hands lose circulation, become stiff etc. We are avid XC skiiers and were looking forward to the trip but now I am afraid it might be too much for me. Does anyone have the experience of the Snow Lodge in winter? It would be helpful for me to have access to a microwave to warm up my handwarmers (to insert in gloves) but reading all the reviews makes me think the staff will not be accomodating.Also, is the food so awful in the winter, too? Any advice would be helpful.

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
794 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yellowstone in winter

Dear Stonewell, I haven't yet stayed at the Snow Lodge in the winter, so I can't help with microwaves and food, but I have a friend with Raynaud's and she uses battery operated heated gloves. (Google "heated gloves" to find these.)

Pug

2. Re: yellowstone in winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 08:16