We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best flights from NYC?

New York State
Level Contributor
62 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Best flights from NYC?

What would be the best route for flying to the Yellowstone/Grand Tetons area from New York State? Thank you!

New York
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best flights from NYC?

We flew Delta from JFK to SLC to Jackson and then back from West Yellowstone to SLC to JFK (on FF tickets). A couple of the other airlines also fly to Jackson I think via connections in Chicago.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best flights from NYC?

It's all about money as well as schedule. You could fly into Bozeman and other MT communities.

New York
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best flights from NYC?

We flew from JFK to Salt Lake City, but then you have a good 5 hour drive just to Jackson, WY. I checked out flying to Jackson, WY but it was over double the cost and there were four of us. We chose to take the scenic route and made a few stops along the way. The scenery from Salt Lake to Jackson was amazing! Real winding mountain roads.

Have a great time. The west is georgous!

Englewood, Fl.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best flights from NYC?

Hello Chris,

Exactly where in New York you will be departing from, and when, will make a difference in both flight schedules and pricing.

The popular choices for airports within a reasonable distance of the parks include: Bozeman, MT., Billings, MT., Cody, WY.,and Jackson, WY. year round, and West Yellowstone, MT. seasonally from May through October.

Other choices include Salt Lake City, and Denver. However when using SLC or DEN you will have 5 and 8 hours respectively, of driving to do to reach the Teton/Yellowstone area after you land.

New York State
Level Contributor
62 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best flights from NYC?

Thanks so much. That's exactly the info I need! I will have a lot of "searching" to do, and decisions to make. I appreciate your response!

Englewood, Fl.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best flights from NYC?

No problems Chris. When you start to get a plan together, post it here. Any of us will be happy to help you refine it.

New York State
Level Contributor
62 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best flights from NYC?

Thanks again! It won't be until the Spring until I book a flight, but I am always anxious to start "looking and learning" way ahead of time for vacation plans. Talk to you then!

8. Re: Best flights from NYC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 10:17