We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in July 2010

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in July 2010

Well we jsut decided that we are finally going to do our out west trip next July. I went to look around for a pale for us to stay and everything looks to be booked in Yellowstone. Any suggestions? I'm not sure which direction we will be coming from, either Grand Tetons or Mt Rushmore area.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in July 2010

Recognizing your name, I went to your profile. Sounds like you got answers a while ago and pursued those, such as calling the park every day until you found what you might want, and not relying on the Xanterra website.

Here is the website to jog your memory:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60999-i481-k18008…

If you have read other posts on this forum, you know the arguments for lodging inside and outside the par, and know that I'm a fan for lodging inside the park - to more fully benefit from the NP experience, to avoid driving a lot of extra in and out miles, and to be able to be in the valleys at dawn and dusk, w/o nighttime driving.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in July 2010

Thanks

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in July 2010

I'm surprised to hear that everything is booked for next July--maybe you're just looking too far out--sometimes places only book within 11 or 12 months, because I've always booked our summer trips in January or later and have found lots of openings, with the general exception being OF. If you want to stay in the park, which I would also highly recommend, do try calling Xanterra directly. Any place within the park is fairly equitable--not too fancy, a little overpriced, but definitely worth it or try Gardiner or West Yellowstone.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in July 2010

Yes, staying in the park is what we want to do. I looked in July for next year and nothing was available for us. With 5 of us we need two rooms. I will call this week though to see what I can figure out.

5. Re: Where to stay in July 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 06:18