We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildlife in September in the park

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Wildlife in September in the park

I'll be travling to Glacier in mid September. Was wondering what wildlife will still be around at that time.

Thanks

Englewood, Fl.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildlife in September in the park

You might want to post this on the Montana or Glacier Nat'l Park forums...............

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildlife in September in the park

Apologies, I meant Yellowstone. Traveling from Glacier so I got confused.

Englewood, Fl.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wildlife in September in the park

September can be a great time for wildlife viewing in Yellowstone. All of the wildlife will be "around". With very few exceptions,they are year round residents. The bull elk will be in rut with thier magnificent antlers and thier bugling calls, the wolves will be on the hunt, and all of the wildlife will be busy preparing for the coming winter. Barring any early cold snaps and heavy snows, the bears will be out and about gorging themselves before going into hibernation as well.

There should be no shortage of wildlife sightings in mid September.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
28 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wildlife in September in the park

Excellent, thanks for the reply.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wildlife in September in the park

I was there in sept. 07.

I saw:

elk, big horn sheep, antelope, coyote, grizzlies, black bear,

buffalo, deer, moose, wolves, eagles...

6. Re: Wildlife in September in the park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 07:19