We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I pack shorts for our trip next week?

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
447 reviews
Save Topic
Should I pack shorts for our trip next week?

Dh and I are (finally!) leaving this Saturday on our YNP week-long trip. I'm very excited! I've started packing a bit already, and at a loss as to whether or not I should bother bringing with any pairs of shorts. Will I even need them this time of year? I'm definitely planning on dressing in layers, and so have packed jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts. Just not sure if I should pack the shorts or not.

Thanks!

Kelly

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I pack shorts for our trip next week?

I would, but an option is zipper legged pants so you can remove the lowers when warm. REI, Ex Officio and others have them. Great for hiking and all around use.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I pack shorts for our trip next week?

I agree with voyaging...zippered hiking pants are ideal for Yellowstone.Shorts during the day and convert to pants in the evening.They are lightweight as well so they do not take ip much space in the suitcase. i actually left my jeans at home

Have a great time!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I pack shorts for our trip next week?

if you don't have the zip pants, maybe you have wind pants that you can pull on over shorts. I would definately bring shorts or at least sport capris. you can get some really warm afternoons - it's still summer afterall! I wouldn't go out and buy the zip pants if you don't have them, unless you would be using them in the future. I have them and i rarely bring them, i use the wind pants... but it is personal preference.... no question that the zip pants are very convenient.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I pack shorts for our trip next week?

During our trip to GTNP and YS last week, we went from two layers of fleece to ward off the 30 degree morning temps, then a few days later, to shorts and t-shirts all day long in the 90+ heat! Shorts are light and I'm sure you can squeeze in a pair or two into your suitcase... you'll be glad you have them if it gets hot!

5. Re: Should I pack shorts for our trip next week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 06:17