We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 9.2 - 9.8.09

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report 9.2 - 9.8.09

Just got back from Jackson Hole, Grand Teton, and Yellowstone of our 8 day 7 night trip.

It was truly amazing and I enjoyed everything!

Thank you for all your help on this forum.

Here's the trip report:

…googlepages.com/…2Cyellowstone9.2-9.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 9.2 - 9.8.09

A great trip report, well done! Happy for you two.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
209 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report 9.2 - 9.8.09

Wonderful and well put together report. Love the photos. We hope to be in Yellowstone at the same time next year. Thanks for sharing!

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report 9.2 - 9.8.09

Thanks for sharing. This was a well thought out trip report and I loved how you incorporated your video and photos!

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,780 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report 9.2 - 9.8.09

Glad you had such a great trip!

Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos too - well-done!

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report 9.2 - 9.8.09

Excellent review! You definately put a lot of time into your website. Thanks for doing so and thanks for sharing it with us. Hopefully lots of readers on here will take the time to check it out- they will get lots of pointers for making their trip wonderful too.

Deb

Elk Grove, IL
Level Contributor
70 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report 9.2 - 9.8.09

Thank you for posting your trip report. It is so well organized and the photos are fantastic! I'm planning a trip to Yellowstone next year and your report really helped me out.

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report 9.2 - 9.8.09

That was THE best trip reports I have ever read/viewed. Loved the photos/videos.

Can you outline the lodging and amount of time in each spot? I am about to book my vacation for June and am thinking of 2 nights at Old Faithful (Snow Lodge), 2 nights at Canyon and then 3 nights in Jackson Hole. Your opinion? I want to stay 3 nights in Jackson Hole for my city boy hubby for R&R and for my son to enjoy the pool.

I liked the tips page at the end, very helpful. Thanks so much for posting.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,966 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report 9.2 - 9.8.09

Fabulous TR! You've set a new standard for quality.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report 9.2 - 9.8.09

Glad you guys enjoyed it and found it helpful.

SilverStarfish,

I stayed in Old faithful village for 2 nights,

Mammoth for 1 night, lake yellowstone for 2 nights, and Jackson Hole for 1 night.

We spent at least a full day between Old Faithful and Madison Junction to see the geyser basins and still skipped a few walks.

Norris, Mammoth, and west thumb geyser basins were much quicker to navigate with probably 2 to 3 hours at each area.

Canyon is a nice change of scenery if you find yourself "geyser out" after a few days, which took us about 3 to 4 hours.

We drove through Hayden Valley and Lamar Valley and stopped whenever we wanted to enjoy the scenery or when we spotted animals.

you could explore areas between West thumb to Madison or even Norris during those 2 days in Old Faithful, and check out Mammoth, Lamar Valley, Canyon, Hayden Valley, and Yellowstone Lake when you stay in Canyon.

Jackson Hole is a small town. There were a lot of souvenir shops, some museums and galleries which we did not visit. We felt like half day walking around in Jackson Hole was sufficient for us. The purpose of our trip was to enjoy the nature first and foremost, so we arranged our itinerary accordingly.

However, it's a short drive to Grand Teton National Park if you found your family rather spending time in the parks.

Texas
Level Contributor
190 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report 9.2 - 9.8.09

Thanks for the great trip report!! We are going next summer and I can't wait for my teenage sons to see your pics! A perfect teaser to our trip.

THANKS!!!