We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin for a family of five?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cabin for a family of five?

Which areas have cabins that can sleep five? We will be traveling with 2 adults and 3 kids. One of our kids will be more than happy to grab a sleeping bag and/or air mattress and sleep on the floor (in fact they will probably argue over who will be able to do that). I would rather not split up into 2 cabins.

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin for a family of five?

I would suggest that you call Xanterra to find out which facilities can accommodate a family of 5 - they don't list that info on their website.

I do know that the larger rooms book up very quickly, so depending on when your trip is, you should call as soon as you know your dates.

Also, if your children are younger most of the cabins with double beds (esp. the "Western" ones) have enough room for a sleeping bag on the floor.

Good Luck

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin for a family of five?

We are a family of 5 also. We are booked at Canyon Lodge for 3 nights in July. We will have 2 double beds, 1 single and a private bathroom.

Boston
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin for a family of five?

If you're open to staying just outside the park, in Gardiner MT .. North Yellowstone Guest Cabins are a great option, located on a privately owned ranch.

northyellowstone.com/north_yellowstone_2009/…

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabin for a family of five?

I emailed Xanterra a few months ago with this very same question, as we are also a family of 5.

Options are: Old Faithful Inn old house room (no private bath)

Cabin at Canyon (don't remember if if had private bath or not)

Roosevelt Rough rider cabin (no bath)

Yellowstone Lake Hotel room (private bath)

They also said that the rooms/cabins that sleep 5 (and sometimes six... I think the Roosevelt cabin has 3 double beds) are very limited. In fact, Roosevelt only has one cabin that will sleep over 4! So, you'll want to call Xanterra direct ASAP to see what they still have available.

north carolina
Level Contributor
207 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabin for a family of five?

We are a family of 5, also. We stayed in a Western Cabin in the Canyon Area this past August. We had two beds, and one child slept on the floor in a sleeping bag. We had a private bathroom and the room was very nice. In fact, it was one of the nicest rooms we had on our trip.

Lansing, Illinois
Level Contributor
151 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabin for a family of five?

Hope I'm not too late in replying. We recently stayed at a cabin in Gardiner, just 5 minutes from the north entrance to the park. Go to abovetherestlodge.com for information. There are 4 or 5 cabins. The owner told us he built each one bigger than the previous one, so you should have enough room. The cabin was great and the views from the cabin were just incredible!!!

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabin for a family of five?

We were in Yellowsone this fall with our family, we found

a place in Gardiner, MT that we really enjoyed. Cowboy's Lodge,

you can view it on vrbo.com/229756. This place was perfect for my

family of 5.

8. Re: Cabin for a family of five?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2010, 05:16