We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Plans for June 2010 - GTNP & YNP

Chicago
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Plans for June 2010 - GTNP & YNP

Getting ready for our trip out west. Our family is so excited about going out west again. Went to Yosemite last year and decided that we would hit a national park each summer.

So here are the plans so far - Traveling Mid June

Sat - Arrive Jackson - Stay at Moulton Ranch Cabins

Sun - GTNP - Stay Moulton Ranch Cabins

Mon - GTNP - {{ Nowhere to stay yet!}}

Tue - YNP - Old Faithful Area - Stay at Snow Lodge

Wed - YNP - Hiking Thermals - Stay at Snow Lodge

Thur- YNP - Grand Canyon - Stay at Dunraven Lodge

Fri - YNP - Canyon Area - Stay at Dunraven Lodge

Sat - YNP - ?? - {{ Nowhere to stay yet!}}

Sun - Depart Jackson - 11AM.

Still thinking about those two nights without rooms. I hoping for a cancellation at Moulton Ranch for that Monday night. Otherwise, we can move up to Coulter Bay for the night. Gets us closer to YNP anyway. I wouldn't mind getting to YNP, but there's nothing around Old Faithful for that night. Would it be silly to stay at Lake Yellowstone for that night?

How long is the drive from Canyon to Jackson airport? About 3 hours? Don't know if it's worth it to do the driving that morning or the night before. Lodging is expensive either way. I would rather get up really early than have to pack up and move again.

Once I get the rest of the logistics out of the way, I'll feel much better. I wish more park lodging had kitchens. Even the cabins don't have kitchens. That a big bummer.

Thanks for reading. Let me know what you would do if you were me.

Mugsy

Westminster, CA
Level Contributor
961 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Plans for June 2010 - GTNP & YNP

we almost same plans.

did half dome last summer!

We arrive Jackson Sat nite June 19th.

mon. jackson

tues YNP -canyon Lodge

wed. same

Thurs. same.

Fri. OFI

Sat. OFI

o well, thats it.

~m

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Plans for June 2010 - GTNP & YNP

I think Lake on Monday would be a great idea. You could spend Tuesday exploring the upper loop and wind up down by OF for the evening.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,536 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Plans for June 2010 - GTNP & YNP

You should stay in Jackson Hole on Sat. night before your Sunday flight. You can enjoy the nice restaurants, shootout on the square, museums, art gallery, etc. We always like to spend a day in Jackson Hole after spending time in YNP/GT.

4. Re: Trip Plans for June 2010 - GTNP & YNP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2010, 08:16