We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Microwave or coffee pot

St Louis
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Microwave or coffee pot

I was wondering if anybody ever used a small microwave or coffee pot in any of the Canyon cabins. I am driving so bringing these would not be a hugh problem.

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Microwave or coffee pot

Given that choice we'd have gone coffee pot. Didn't have much use for microwave but 5:30 AM coffee is hard to come by.

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Microwave or coffee pot

The question of microwaves has come up a couple of times recently.

I haven't been able to find anything specific to that - but both the park and lodging websites stress that no cooking is allowed in the rooms....

If anyone has more specific info about this, I hope they'll share it.

london
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Microwave or coffee pot

can you not have a kettle, what will i do without my morning cuppa in bed!

KCK
Level Contributor
865 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Microwave or coffee pot

All accomodations in the Park say "no cooking", but it seems like most already have a coffee pot in the room. I would call and check on this.

We always take a small coffee pot type thing with us just in case. I have never had a problem. Pretty sure the microwave would be a no go.

KCK
Level Contributor
865 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Microwave or coffee pot

PS; I agree, the idea of not having a hot cup of something as soon as I get up is a killer.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,339 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Microwave or coffee pot

the western cabins have coffee makers. Not sure about the pioneer and frontier ones. Colter bay cabins did not have a coffee maker, but I travel with my little 4 cupper and my own coffee :) I don't think I'd bother with a microwave. Not sure if that takes more power? but I'd pass on that. Coffee maker is fine tho.

7. Re: Microwave or coffee pot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 06:19