We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cooke city to Jac

Florida
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
cooke city to Jac

How long (est) would it take to drive from cooke city to Jackson Hole? I know that speed limit is 45 and wildlife stops would be at minimum for us.......is there a way another way to go through Cody?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,388 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cooke city to Jac

From Cody you can travel west to the eastern entrance of Yellowstone NP then go toward Fishing Bridge and go south to Grant Village and out the southern entrance and travel thru the Tetons to Jackson. A lot of people go up thru Cooke City and the Beartooth Hwy because of the scenery and then head down the Chief Joseph Hwy to Cody.

Englewood, Fl.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cooke city to Jac

I've made that run between Jackson and Cooke in both directions, and the quickest route is right down through the parks. With minimal stops you can figure between 4 and 4.5 hours. Also note that I haven't done that since the road work between the two parks has been in progress.

PA
Level Contributor
170 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cooke city to Jac

We drove from Cooke City to Jackson on May 18 2010. It took us most of the day, but we made many stops for bears and picture taking. One stop was several hours. It was a great drive and a great day!

4. Re: cooke city to Jac

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2010, 05:16