We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise float trip

California
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Sunrise float trip

We'll be in Grand Teton early July, and I was hoping to book a sunrise float trip. I checked with Barker Ewing and the earliest they have is 8am. So which company does the sunrise float trip?

Thanks much!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,615 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise float trip

I think that it is Solitude Float Trips that offers the sunrise trip. We have always used Barker Ewing. They do a really good job. Others on TA have posted and had good comments about Solitude also.

California
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise float trip

Thanks for the info!!

Is it better to go on float trips in the morning, afternoon, or evening? Or it doesn't matter at all?

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise float trip

Early morning and evening are the best times to see wildlife.

I've done the evening but I would probably opt for the sunrise trip the next time.

You can't go wrong with either company

Enjoy!

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunrise float trip

In July, I would opt for the morning float, although evening would be pleasant also.

Another good company to check with is Dave Hansen.

Have fun!

Stuart, FL
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunrise float trip

Solitude had 2 float going - one at 930 that goes thru the Tetons - Another about 830am outside the park - Took the 930 thru the park - Cool and rainy - didn't see much of the Tetons due to weather and the Snake river was running fast - Usually the trip takes about 3 hours and we went down in about 1.5 hours - 1/2 the time due to the current - Was more white waterish than I had expected and if warmer and not rainy would have enjoyed it a bit more. If weather is good I feel a must do.

michigan
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunrise float trip

I just booked this trip. We booked with Solitude because they had a 6am through the park! We really wanted to do a float through the park and they did this along with Barker Ewing and also we could have used the Jackson Lake Lodge who I guess have a few boats of their own. Solitude said all 3 leave from Deadmans Bar and float back to Moose. We like the 6am because we are going to have breakfast when the float is done in Moose then drive in to Jackson Hole and do a whitewater trip at 1pm. Solitude also gave us 10 percent off if we booked online! That was another incentive!

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunrise float trip

Just an FYI...Dave Hansen does not float inside Grand Teton National Park

8. Re: Sunrise float trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2011, 05:16