We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the Best Yellowstone guidebook?

ST. Louis
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What is the Best Yellowstone guidebook?

I have done most of my research for yellowstone on the internet and read tons of info on the web. On my way to yellowstone i want to try and get a giudebook does anyone have some recomendations?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,380 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the Best Yellowstone guidebook?

I have Yellowstone Treasures by Janet Chapple laying right in front of me as I'm planning my trip! Got it at Borders. Great guide book, lots of places I had not heard about online.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the Best Yellowstone guidebook?

I followed advice from CeCe and CA; great book, easy reads, mileage is provided between points, both going and coming.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,593 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the Best Yellowstone guidebook?

Yellowstone Treasures is great!! Enjoy your trip.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
652 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the Best Yellowstone guidebook?

Hi Mechanicworkman

Have to AGREE with everyone else - Yellowstone Treasures - hubby brought it on line for me and got it shipped here to NZ - gave it to my for my birthday - have read it cover to cover and then back again - great book.

cheers

Kwi

Hartford, WI
Level Contributor
93 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the Best Yellowstone guidebook?

Just got back on Friday...Yellowstone Treasures by Janet Chapple for sure!

Stuart, FL
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the Best Yellowstone guidebook?

I used Yellowstone Treasures - My husband did the reading while I did the driving. Excellent book to cover all the roads - Set the odometer from site to site so you can tell about when you come to the specific sites. I used it ALOT and found it extremely helpful

Have a great trip.

7. Re: What is the Best Yellowstone guidebook?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 06:18