We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heat wave in Yelllowstone?

New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
269 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Heat wave in Yelllowstone?

We're leaving for Bozeman Saturday and will be in YNP for four nights, then Grand Teton and Jackson. I'm wondering if the heat wave that's affecting the middle of the country is heating things up there?

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heat wave in Yelllowstone?

Weather generally moves from west to east, so what's in the midwest is going east not west. Because of the altitude, plan on mid 70s to mid 80s mid day and lows in the high 30s to low 40s. Very little humidity, so it will be cooler than you are used to.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,102 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heat wave in Yelllowstone?

Not according to Wunderground.com . Seems temps in YS are 70's during the day and 40's at night! I've found their weather reports fairly accurate for my home town. Now possibly the temps may get up to 80's, but low humidity makes it still cool! Don't worry and enjoy your trip. I'll be there in less than 2 weeks.

New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
269 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heat wave in Yelllowstone?

Thanks for the info. I am really looking forward to the cooler temps!

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
954 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heat wave in Yelllowstone?

Our son lives and works at Lake, my sister-in-law and family used to live in Mammoth until she switched working for YNP to GTNP 4 years ago, and my in-laws live in Cooke City. The weather in the park is VERY varied, depending on elevation. It can be quite hot during the day - 80's, but really does not get into the 30's at night very often. More like the 40's and 50's. Wear layers and take on and off accordingly.

5. Re: Heat wave in Yelllowstone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2011, 08:18