We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here's the plan - we leave this Saturday!!!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,852 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Here's the plan - we leave this Saturday!!!

Day 1 - Santa Fe to Boulder CO.

Day 2 - Boulder to Cody WY, stopping in Casper WY for Fort Caspar and lunch. Then a stop in Thermopolis for a quick swim/soak. Ending up at Ponderosa RV Park in a teepee. If money falls from the sky this week, lol, we will go to the rodeo, otherwise we will visit the downtown area.

Day 3 - Cody to YS via East Entrance. Visit Lake area and on to Madison CG to set up camp and have lunch. Then off to the geyser basins for the rest of the day

Day 4 - Norris to Mammoth to Tower, Lamar, Canyon (north rim area) and back to Madison.

Day 5 - Norris to Canyon, then Hayden Valley, Lake, West Thumb Geyser Basin, OF early evening and back to Madison

Day 6 - Up early and to West YS for Grizzly/Wolf Center. Head back to YS and then to Grant area for the VC, Lewis Lake and on to Colter Bay CG by 1pm or so. Spend the rest of the day in Colter Bay area

Day 7 - To Jenny Lake area. Hikes, rent a canoe, visit VC, head to Jackson in later afternoon to buy some buffalo steaks and back to camp.

Day 8 - Tetons to Dubois and on to Lander. Will stop to see Sinks Canyon State Park and then back to Boulder late.

Day 9 - Boulder day to visit with family and get some pizza from my favorite pizza place.

Day 10 - Husband, kid and dogs back to Santa Fe. I get to stay and visit a few more days and then fly home! Yeah!

Mentioned in this post
Boulder
Boulder
Colorado
Boulder
Boulder
Wyoming
Cody
Cody
Wyoming
Casper
Casper
Wyoming
Hayden Valley
Hayden Valley
856 Reviews
Yellowstone National Park, WY
West Thumb Geyser Basin
West Thumb Geyser Basin
684 Reviews
Yellowstone National Park, WY
Dubois
Dubois
Wyoming
Lander
Lander
Wyoming
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here's the plan - we leave this Saturday!!!

This is your year!!! Have a great trip.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
32,630 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here's the plan - we leave this Saturday!!!

Sounds like a great plan. Have a nice trip with your family.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
9,048 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here's the plan - we leave this Saturday!!!

Have a blast! :) I wish for you the best weather, LOTS of wildlife sightings and a wonderful time. You spend so much time helping others on here (me included) that I am just tickled that you are getting to take this trip!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,249 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here's the plan - we leave this Saturday!!!

Yeah! So glad for you that it is going to happen. Hope you have a wonderful time. You've certainly had plenty of time to figure it out.

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,995 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here's the plan - we leave this Saturday!!!

Sounds great Casa - Enjoy!

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
6,119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Here's the plan - we leave this Saturday!!!

Looks great.....I still think you should swing on by and pick me up so I can take picture of your family in front of all the sights........I'm really low maintenance.....well, except for the fact you'd have to drive to Billings to get me. LOL

Deb

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,852 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Here's the plan - we leave this Saturday!!!

Lol Deb! Maybe next time. I have a feeling we will be heading north again.

Dallas, Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Here's the plan - we leave this Saturday!!!

How exciting! We leave on Saturday too!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Here's the plan - we leave this Saturday!!!

I like Deb's idea. I'd even throw in sherpa services in addition to photos.

Englewood, Fl.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Here's the plan - we leave this Saturday!!!

Several years ago I jokingly made a family an offer to be their personal guide. All they had to do was cover my airfare and expenses and I would meet them in the park. The trouble was they took me seriously!!! They even sent me a PM trying to make contact plans! That never happened, but the offer still stands though Casa..................... ;-)

I'm sure you'll have a great time exploring things on your own, so ENJOY! We're all looking forward to a great trip report too!