We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how hot is it i paradise valley?

Chicago, Illinois
14 posts
Save Topic
how hot is it i paradise valley?

my husband and I are outdoor people, but this year we have our 4 month old baby with us. For our yellowstone vacation, we really like a rental home that is in paradise valley, but it only has celing fans and no AC, We are traveling in mid august. Do you think one requires an AC to be comfortable in the evenings and nights in paradise valley? Our decision depends on this...maybe we may just book a hotel room.

thanks.

any input will be appreciated

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,613 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how hot is it i paradise valley?

It is currently 79 in Emigrant (forecasted high of 88) with a forecasted low of 51 tonight. I don't know how far up in the foothills the rental is but if it up higher then it might not be as warm. I would call the people that rent it and ask. Tell them that you need to know because of your pregnancy.

If you haven't done it alreayd you can google any online weather service and put in Emigrant, MT for current weather and 10 day forecast.

Deb

Minneapolis MN
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how hot is it i paradise valley?

We have found that few homes in Paradise Valley (or SW Montana) have air conditioning. Even though it can get warm during the day, the nights always seem to cool way down. I think you should be fine.

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how hot is it i paradise valley?

We have only been mildly too warm once in August at Chico Hot Springs. But as soon as sun went down it cooled off fast. Combination of lower air pressure at higher elevation and very dry air. Daytime warmth radiates away very quickly. More important than ceiling fan would be a box fan to put in a window and exhaust warm air - drawing cooler air in from window on opposite side. If possible seal everything up in morning and only open windows later when cooler outside than in. Very easy to get by with no A/C.

4. Re: how hot is it i paradise valley?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Yellowstone National...