We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best driving route from Cody to Jackson?

Groton MA
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What is the best driving route from Cody to Jackson?

Hi! We'll be traveling from YSNP to Cody and thought a side trip to Thermopolis/Riverton might be fun on our way to Jackson. We considered taking Route 26 but I've noticed prior posts suggesting that you can ONLY get to Jackson by going back through YSNP. Is there a problem with the roads going via 26 or is it just easier to go back through YSNP??? We're very excited about our visit to YSNP next week but a bit nervous about getting lost forever on the wrong road! Thanks for your help!

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
914 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best driving route from Cody to Jackson?

You definitely can drive Rte 26 thru Thermopolis to get from Cody back to Jackson. My sister in law lives in Jackson and has a second home in Wapiti (about 20 miles west of Cody). The shorter route for them is driving through GTNP and YNP to get to from Jackson to Cody. But, when the weather closes the roads in the park, they have to take the longer route thru Thermopolis. The downside is that it takes more time.

Groton MA
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best driving route from Cody to Jackson?

Thank you so much for the info! We'll be on the road for 14 days and that was the one part of the trip that was getting me truly worried. I feel so much better now! Maybe we will survive this adventure after all! :)

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best driving route from Cody to Jackson?

Yes, it's a longer drive but some very scenic stretches like Wind River Gorge through Thermopolis and the drive from Riverton via Dubois (DUH-boys) to Moran Junction. If you have the time, go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Tet

4. Re: What is the best driving route from Cody to Jackson?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 07:16