We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best city to fly in & reserve RV

RC CA
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
Best city to fly in & reserve RV

Which is the best city to fly into from San Jose in order to rent an RV and stay in West Yellowstone?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,873 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best city to fly in & reserve RV

Are you also going to rent a car to drive thru the park? Are you used to driving a RV? My parents had a RV for over 25 years and went to just about every national park in the lower 48 from Yosemite to the Grand Canyon to Acadia to the Smokey Mts. and drove their RV but never to Yellowstone. My dad always said that driving a RV was difficult enough on regular roads but he would stick to a car in Yellowstone because of the roads, wildlife and crowds.

Just my opinion!! Have a good trip.

Suggestions for places to fly into- Salt Lake City, Jackson Hole, Bozeman.

RC CA
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best city to fly in & reserve RV

Thanks for your response. We're experienced with our RV but our friends who will be doing the flying and renting are total novices who will be using us as their taxi service while we tour the park. They're hoping for the most convenient airport so it will be an easier trek to West Yellowstone.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,873 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best city to fly in & reserve RV

SLC is 5 hours, Bozeman about 2 hours and Jackson Hole about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to West Yellowstone.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best city to fly in & reserve RV

I would suggest you contact Wyoming Adventures 307-733-5017. They are located in Jackson, which is only a couple hours away from West Yellowstone. Last I heard, they rented RVs, and it would be a reasonable drive for you from this gateway.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
652 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best city to fly in & reserve RV

Hi

We looked at all the options for our July 2011 trip - ended up getting an RV in Belgrade, Mt as the airport was only a couple of minutes away from the place we are picking up the RV. We are flying in from overseas landing in LA and then taking flights to Belgrade, Mt via Salt Lake.

cheers

Kiwi

brisbane
Level Contributor
161 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best city to fly in & reserve RV

Dont know about too much about surrounding cities but if you are willing to do the drive i know LA is cheaper to hire a RV then in San Fran

7. Re: Best city to fly in & reserve RV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 22:15