We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bridge Bay Campground

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
640 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bridge Bay Campground

How are the bugs? I'm allergic to mosquito bites, but Bridge Bay was the only campground in the entire park which had availability for more than two nights. Tent camping with autistic daughter. We usually stay at Madison or Canyon.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
54 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bridge Bay Campground

Returned from Yellowstone NP yesterday, and we took in a Ranger Program @ the Amphitheater in the campground.

IMO, it was buggy...but we spritzed down with repellent, and went on our way. *Sleeping* there may be another story.

We visited several areas of the park, and I liked this one the least anyway. Seemed like pitching a tent in a field of weeds. Few trees, and not much privacy or wooded sites. It was packed, and folks seemed content with their place...just not my preference.

Not sure of your budget or experience you're after...but if it's an issue, a Frontier Cabin at Lake Lodge area may be an alternate. We paid $78/night (total...included tax) for double bed/private bath. It was circa 1950's, but clean and functional.

We locked in whatever we could get, and then worked to switch when additional availability opened up.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
640 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bridge Bay Campground

Thanks, but budget limits us to camping (insert wistful sigh). My daughter loves the Mud Volcano; it's her favorite part of the park, so I was hoping for Canyons, only this was available. I'll just have to bring multiple forms of repellant.

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bridge Bay Campground

luckygamer.....only the first 4 loops (A,B,C,D) of Bridge Bay Campground are in the open. It is these 4 loops that you drive past to get to the amphitheater. I agree with your assessment....they are not fun for tent camping unless you're at the top of the loops next to the treeline.

The top loops(E,F, G, H, I, J) are in the trees. You drive past the amphitheater to get to these loops and they are really nice. Loops E and F are more open and the ones on F have nice views of the lake. They are tent only loops. Loops G and H are mixed and are totally in the trees. Loops I and J are tent only loops and are on the north side of the entry road. All of the sites in these two loops are in a heavily treed area.

Deb

4. Re: Bridge Bay Campground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 00:17