We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feasible Drive

Missouri
Level Contributor
165 posts
292 reviews
Save Topic
Feasible Drive

I know I'm probably going to get railed on but I need an idea...

Is it reasonable to drive from Spearfish to Devils Tower to Red Lodge, the Beartooth and Chief Joseph to Cody in one FULL day - Stopping along the way only occasionally for a few pics and lunch in Red Lodge?

Do to timing, it will either work or it won't and we will not even get a glimpse of it.

Missouri
Level Contributor
165 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feasible Drive

Never mind - most definitely NOT :)

Bemidji, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feasible Drive

Google maps says it it 525 miles if you stay on I-90 after Devils Tower and follow it all the way to Billings and Laurel before turning toward Red Lodge. I've done similar day's trips and will say it's possible, just not quite as pleasant as I would like.

Cookeville...
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feasible Drive

I know we went from Hill City to Cody in one day and took the detour to see Devil's tower. Definately doable.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feasible Drive

If we knew your complete itinerary we could provide better answers. Sounds terribly rushed to me, and it won't be freeway speeds on major parts of this route.

Framingham...
Level Contributor
122 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feasible Drive

Wow-

That looks like quite a drive on paper. I have been debating a trip from Sheridan up to Little Big Horn and taking the route through Red Lodge over the Beartooth down the Chief Joseph into Cody.

6. Re: Feasible Drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 13:17